Mad Mike’s Holiday Sausage Stuffing & Dressing
Write a review
- 1 pound Mad Mike's Hot or Mild Italian bulk sausage*
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups of celery, chopped
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Mad Mike’s Yo’ Mama’s Garlic Seasoning
- 8 cups plain dry bread cubes or unseasoned stuffing croutons
- In a large pan, over medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking it in small pieces as it cooks. Drain off the grease. Add butter, onion, celery, mushrooms, and sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions soften. Stir in broth, wine, seasonings, herbs, salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer.
- Add bread cubes to a large mixing bowl and pour over the hot broth mixture; mix well. Transfer to a buttered two-quart baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes, or until top is golden-brown.
- You may substitute the Italian Sausage for Mad Mike’s Garlic Chicken Sausage (raw bulk) or Mad Mike’s Santa Fe Breakfast Sausage (raw bulk)
- Personally I like to add, ¼ cup dried cranberries, ½ cup walnut pieces and ¼ cup bourbon to the recipe! If you’re feeling Mad …. Try it!
Mad Mike's American Gourmet http://www.madmikestore.com/