Mad Mike’s Sausage and Beef S.O.S.
Military Style S. O. S. (Stuff on a Shingle) With A Mad Mike Twist. Since at least 1910 this recipe has been popular in the U.S. Military, first recorded in the 1910 revision of the manual for Army cooks! All branches have their own versions, but you will find this basic format followed most of the time.
Write a review
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (15%)
- 3/4 Pound Mad Mike’s hot Italian sausage
- 4 cups whole milk (more for thinner, less for thicker)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons Mad Mike’s Sizzling Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Mad Mike’s Yo’ Mama’s Garlic Seasoning
- 2 teaspoon Beef Bouillon paste or two beef bouillon cubes
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 1. Brown beef and sausage in its own fat in skillet. Drain off excess fat
- then add butter and melt.
- 2. Add flour, both seasonings and bouillon to beef; mix thoroughly and cook about 5 minutes or until flour is absorbed and lightly browned.
- 3 Add milk slowly, Stir constantly until thick and bubbly.
- 5 Serve over whole wheat toast; cut into triangles (shingles) or whole. Also great served over biscuits, pasta or rice.
- Go ahead and be creative, there are many ways to make this dish your own, you may add onion, corn, grilled mushrooms, peas, or broccoli to finished SOS. Try some shredded cheese on top if you like and have fun with your favorite garnish! This dish is very flexible and filling, keep it plain for the kids, spice it up for adults
Mad Mike's American Gourmet http://www.madmikestore.com/